Q: Where would the radiator drain plug be located on my vehicle? 2003 Chevrolet Impala

My car is running hot. I've changed oht the thermostat,water pump,and put a new hose on it. The car was running good for about a week and started back running hot. The coolant is full and the engine wont take any more water. I was advised to do a radiator flush next.Could my engine be clogged?

Car is overheating Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello, the radiator drain plug will be a the bottom edge of the radiator, facing the engine (passenger side). If you drain the coolant, be sure to catch it with a pan of some sort, and properly dispose of it. It will poison animals, and contaminate ground water. Most likely, your radiator is clogged, given your high mileage, and needs professional cleaning, or replacement. The newer radiators use plastic end-tanks, which are often best exchanged for new ones. I would recommend a cooling system inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, confirm this diagnosis, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.