Q: New antenna module radio - 2013 Infiniti FX37

I want to put a different antenna on my car - an XM Terk antenna so there is no interruption in satellite reception. I can’t find the XM module though. Do you know where it is? If there is no module how do I get to the radio and connect the new antenna? Would it work to cut the existing antenna wire and wire up a new antenna to it?

Hello. It appears that some models of FX37 are equipped with XM tuners and some are not. You can check to see if your vehicle has one, however, it may be entirely possible that it does not and that the XM module is simply built into the radio. As far as installing an upgraded antenna, it may work, however, I would not recommend cutting any wires. I would check to see if the plugs match for simple plug and play operation. If they do not, I would then see if there is perhaps an adapter available that will allow you to retain the stock wires. If you would like to have this checked, a certified technician from YourMechanic can help diagnose the electrical system and proceed with repairs.

3. New antenna module radio - 2013 Infiniti FX37