Q: Antitheft system keeping car from starting

The antitheft system is locked on and will not let my car start.

Hi! I suspect the immobilizer system needs to be reprogrammed to the key or vice versa. There are a few things that can be done to reprogram an alarm system depending on how much memory the immobilizer system has lost. Such as leaving the key in the on position in the ignition for 10 minutes, unlocking/locking the drivers door 5 times, or unlocking the trunk with the key. If those methods do not work, you will unfortunately have to take it to a dealership because only they posses the special equipment needed to reprogram immobilizer systems.