Q: My car has is leaking coolant and is also smoking from the hood

It is leaking coolant and is smoking form the hood idk if I should take it in or not

If you just have an external coolant leak and no overheating the leak will typically be in a hose, radiator, water pump, heater hose and so forth. Unless the leak is large and obvious, external leaks are typically found by simple pressure testing of the cooling system. To find the leak that exists in your case, and get the required repair estimated, please request an engine cooling system leak diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you.

If you have a leak that is accompanied by overheating, be sure not to drive the car because overheating can warp the cylinder head and/or engine block causing costly damage. The most common causes of overheating include low coolant level, a faulty thermostat, a plugged radiator, a faulty radiator pressure cap, collapsed hoses, non functioning cooling fans, and a faulty water pump or drive belt. Certain engine faults, such as a leaking head gasket or poor engine running condition can also cause overheating. If you have overheating and you desire that this problem, as well as the leak, be diagnosed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request an engine overheating diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. My car has is leaking coolant and is also smoking from the hood