Q: I have a 2004 Mercedes Benz E320. Car will not start. No crank either. Battery checked out fine.

Put key into car and nothing. All the lights on the dash come on and the radio works. Also, when I went to park in my driveway the shifter wouldn't move from D to P. I had to turn off the key in order to put it in park.

Hi, thanks for writing in. I think your best bet would be to have a technician check the vehicle. The shifter issue may be either the brake light switch, or the transmission control module. It can all me related to the EIS (electronic ignition switch). Here at YourMechanic, we can have a technician come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make or suggest the necessary repairs.

• I have a 2004 Mercedes Benz E320. Car will not start. No crank either. Battery checked out fine.