What is the normal/average RPM range for a 2010 Town and ...

Q: What is the normal/average RPM range for a 2010 Town and Country van at around 30-35 miles per hour?

asked by on September 21, 2017

The engine seems to race when I take off from a stop. At 30 or 35, the rpm is a little over 2,000 or so. It feels like the engine is straining to keep up, and whines a little. I am wondering what the typical rpm range is at various speeds.

Hello, thank you for writing in. During acceleration, the RPM’s can go all the way up to 3,000. 2,000 RPM’s is totally normal during acceleration. This does not mean that you are not sensing something wrong, and if you know that the vehicle is driving differently, you need to look into that further. You may simply need to have the transmission serviced. Look into having the transmission fluid and filter changed. They can also inspect the bottom half of the transmission with the pan off to check for any signs of potential problems. Also make sure your spark plugs are working well, and keep an eye out for any other symptoms. For more help with an inspection, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.