Q: 2010 Dodge Caliber Engine High Engine RPMs

My concern is when I accelerate the rpm climb and engine sounds loud

It sounds like your transmission may be slipping. When engine RPMs increase, but vehicle speed does not, that’s a good indication of transmission slippage. The engine will sound louder when this happens because it’s racing. Your vehicle has what’s referred to as a continuously variable transmission (CVT) and it’s known to be problematic. I recommend having your vehicle inspected firsthand by a professional to know for certain. YourMechanic is an excellent option since we come to your home or office.

3. 2010 Dodge Caliber Engine High Engine RPMs