Q: Noise from engine belts

I just put new belts into my Spectra 5 engine. I hear a noise when I’m driving, and I can barely turn my steering wheel!! I nearly got into a car accident. What is wrong with my car? How can I fix this?

It kinda sounds like the belt on your 2005 Kia Spectra5 may be too loose and is slipping rather than turning the accessories, such as the power steering pump. You may have the wrong belt installed or not have it tensioned correctly. If you would like to have the fault pinpointed, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the engine noise and assist with repairs.