Q: Is a no crank situation due to faulty neutral safety switch?

We tried testing the connections to the starter relay by removing the relay and using a test light from the battery positive to each point that connects to it, while trying to start the car in park and then reverse. At three points the light did not come on at all, and at one point the light came on and stayed on. Does that indicate a bad neutral safety switch? Below is a question I submitted earlier, stating what we had already done. Also, where could I find a diagram or photo of the neutral safety switch location.

1995 Chrysler LHS won't crank in ANY position. But if we connect a jumper wire from battery positive post to small ignition terminal on solenoid it starts right up. Battery is good, relays are fine, fuses are fine, and we believe ignition switch is fine. Could this be the park/neutral safety switch? Where on this vehicle is it located? Where can I find instructions to replace it? My car has 220000 miles. My car has an automatic transmission

Hi, thanks for writing in. Yes. Your car could have a bad neutral safety start switch but also by what you are saying it could be your starter solenoid. I can’t find a specific place of where your neutral safety start switch is but generally it is located on the driver side of the transmission.

If you need assistance with this repair, have one of our technicians come out and diagnose the starting issue problem firsthand for an accurate repair.