Q: Why does my truck cut off when the TPS is unplugged

asked by on June 17, 2016

When we plugg TPS in truck shuts off but when we unplugg it the truck runs fine. It is a brand new part

Car starts and then dies Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello there, A few different items can cause the truck to shut off this way. The TPS may not be the cause. Most likely causes would be a vacuum leak, MAF sensor, oxygen sensor, or an exhaust leak.

If you need assistance, feel free to contact a qualified technician who will be able to diagnose your cars stalling issue. Once this is done, an accurate repair can then be made.