Q: My car makes a whining noise in first gear

When im in first gear I hear a whining noise till it shifts to second and i have no loss of power do you have a idea where I could start looking

Q: Brakes causing screeching noise?

Hi and thank you for contacting YourMechanic. A loud screeching noise coming from your brakes is caused from a couple of issues. First - consider the last time the brake pads were changed. If it has been a while there...

Q: Transmission won't shift into lockup.

Hi there. Check the TCC (Torque Converter Clutch) fuse and see if its blown. If the fuse is working fine, then either the torque converter clutch is burned or the seal on the input shaft to the transmission has split....

Q: Car leaks power steering fluid

There are many hose/line connections involved in the power steering system that can be possible leak points. The power steering pump and steering gear (rack and pinion) are major components and common failure items on your vehicle. Have an experienced...