Q: My car makes a whining noise in first gear

When im in first gear I hear a whining noise till it shifts to second and i have no loss of power do you have a idea where I could start looking

Q: Rattling noise rpm jump

Hello there. It sounds like there may be a few things going on. The noise could be a number of things, such as the belt idler, engine misfire, injectors, engine mechanical damage, or the turbo. A rattling noise is not...

Q: In traffic when accelerating, engine hits over-rev protection

Hello there, thank you for asking about your 1989 Dodge Ramcharger. Check the transmission fluid to be sure the transmission is not being starved of fluid while operating. Otherwise it sounds like there is trouble in the transmission valve body...

Q: I'm losing power steering after replacing rack and pump

First you need to see that the fluid level is correct. Bring the engine up to operating temperature and check the fluid at the reservoir. Top it up with Pentosin CHF11 hydraulic fluid. The fluid gets foamy when it is...