Q: My car makes a whining noise in first gear

asked by on November 07, 2016

When im in first gear I hear a whining noise till it shifts to second and i have no loss of power do you have a idea where I could start looking

The car cannot be started, engine jumps

I'm wondering how it ran last time you drove it. When you say it sounds bad when you try to start it it makes me think you may have a broken timing belt. That will make the engine crank at...

Do I have a problem with the electrical system?

Hi, thanks for writing in. The charging system is not very complicated. If the alternator and the battery are absolutely 100% good, no doubts about it, then the issue is likely a bad ground. Both the battery and the alternator...

The car doesn't shift into first gear while it works fine in reverse

The problem could be that the internal transmission pump is weak, or the transmission clutch seals are leaking. It sounds like the transmission will need an overhaul. I recommend having a transmission mechanic test the pressures and diagnose the...