Q: My car makes a whining noise in first gear

When im in first gear I hear a whining noise till it shifts to second and i have no loss of power do you have a idea where I could start looking

3. My car makes a whining noise in first gear

Q: Loud humming sound

Hello. Yes, from what you described, it does sound like this is an issue with the wheel bearings. You can find instructions for replacing the wheel bearings on this page. If the problem persists after you have had this repaired,...

Q: I have a 2002 Chrysler 300m that had been sitting up for a year. I replaced the rack and pinion but when backing up steering is hard.

Hi there. The issue with the steering being hard seems to be with the pump still having air in it. Start the engine and open the bleed valve slightly. Turn the steering wheel several times from left to right and...

Q: Noisy power steering wheel, regular fluid used

Hello there. It really depends on what type of regular power steering fluid was put into the vehicle. BMW calls for the standard use of Dexron III fluid which is commonly seen. Most over-the-counter regular power steering fluid are basically...