Q: Car won’t accelerate over 10 miles

Car won’t go over 10mph we got it tested at autozone and replaced the accelerator pedal sensor but it didn’t fix it. Says traction control reduce engine power stability trak needs service. We think the catalick converter needs to be cleaned because the pipe was cut to make it loud but not sure

Hi Qulicia. Thanks for contacting us tonight. If the catalytic converter has been altered by someone, then this will impact multiple vehicle systems. The entire exhaust system would need to be replaced correctly, in order to get things back on track. However, with so many unrelated systems coming up with your recent trip to the auto parts store, this could indicate an ECU issue. I think the best advice I can offer is to have a professional mechanic come to your location to complete an on-site lack of acceleration inspection to give you a second opinion, as replacing or attempting to repair all those items you listed is likely going to cost more than $3,000.

3. Car won’t accelerate over 10 miles