Q: Cadillac CTS OnStar disconnection

asked by on December 03, 2016

First, the engine option listed on this site for Cadillac CTS, of 6.2 L V8 turbo is incorrect--that engine is supercharged, not turbo. My actual issue is, as I have been getting a lot of misinformation and sneaky tracking after being automatically enrolled from OnStar in SmartDriver when I bought the car, contrary to their assurances and stated policy, and was mysteriously disenrolled while I was inquiring about it on the phone yesterday, two months later, even though they said they couldn't do that, I don't trust them (there is a ticket open with their TechTeam who is supposed to call me back within a few days about these issues). My question is if I actually disconnect the OnStar module as you show on your site, what functions will I lose in a 2017 Cadillac CTS V. Will I still be able to use the native GPS navigation; will I still have voice command use for phone commands, navigation commands, etc.? I read somewhere that the ABS and other systems are now tied in also.

Hello. The OnStar system is wired to receive a wide variety of inputs so that immediate assistance can be provided in the event of an accident. For this reason it may very well be possible that the system is tied into your vehicle’s engine management, ABS, and electrical systems. While you wait for the OnStar customer service team to contact you, I would refer to a dealership for details or specifics on what features, if any, would be disabled if the onstar module is disconnected. You may also be able to find details about this in the owner’s manual, or the OnStar instruction manual.