Q: Car will not accelerate while driving

My car was filled full of gas, but is low on oil and needs an oil change. While I was driving, I was unable to accelerate. A friend said it could be the fuel filter.

A: Hi, is there any more information you can g...

Hi, is there any more information you can give us about the acceleration issue? These cars are known to have a slight hesitation when starting from a stop so it may be normal. Since the car is under 5 years old, I would be very surprised if the fuel filter is already clogged up. There are sensors that measure how much air is going into the engine and if they are reading low, the engine will lower the amount of gas going into the engine as well, lowering the power output. A certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, would be able to hook up a scan tool to your car to test the sensors to see why your car is slow to accelerate and do your oil change at the same time.