Q: Key locked in ignition, won't come out of gear. No radio, brake lights, or gauges.

Car starts, won't come out of park unless I use the gear release, all gauges aren't working, windows won't roll up and down, no radio, wipers won't work unless on high setting. Brake lights don't come on when applying brakes. Key locked in ignition. What could be causing this? Car has been smoking recently but, not from lack of fluids

What you are describing is a series of electrical failures but whether there is a common cause (such as a main fuse) will not be knowable until a diagnostic is performed. That diagnostic would consist, in part, of basic circuit traces. If you want the required steps performed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request an electrical circuit/component diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you promptly. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. Key locked in ignition, won't come out of gear. No radio, brake lights, or gauges.