Q: Where does the vent line from front of the gas tank go?

asked by on October 11, 2016

Replaced MAP sensor then PCM when it first started had fire under car, had to replace melted fuel line, and found a melted part of line from front of tank not part of filter replacement. Do not know where it goes but engine will no longer run except if held at about 2k rpm and map error on OBD P0106

Car is hesitating and bucking Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi, thanks for writing in. The vent line or EVAP tube the comes from the gas tank is typically routed to the intake manifold. The intake manifold is where the air is mixed with the fuel before it reaches the combustion chamber. Routing the fuel vapors to the intake manifold will allow any excess fuel to be used that may not reach the engine otherwise. This system also improves the emissions of the vehicle by keeping fumes and vapors to a minimum. If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.