My headlight bulb came loose and has now melted into the ...

Q: My headlight bulb came loose and has now melted into the side of the metal fixture it plugs into. What do I do

asked by on July 03, 2017

The headlight bulb completely melted into the metal fixture that it latches into. I don't know what to do, or what this part is even called to order a replacement.

Hi there. The main part that contains the headlight bulb is called a headlight assembly. In most cases, when the headlight bulb melts inside or is ’welded’ of fused to the inside of the assembly, it’s best to replace the assembly with new light bulb.