Q: no spark

i just rebuilt the heads on a 97 5.7 vortec. everything is back together and im tring to get it to fire but no spark im getting fuel but not getting spark i have replace the ignition coil icm, distributor, and the crankshaft position sensor. still nothing i have hooked up a scan tool to the obd2 and im throwing a code p0336 and its for the crankshaft position sensor. i replaced it again still nothing.. any ideas?

You’ll need to look in the engine compartment’s fuse box and check the ENG-1 fuse and all of the other fuses to see if you have any are blown. The crankshaft sensor’s pink wire should have ignition switch power at the sensor. If you lose this ignition power from fuse ENG-1 then the crankshaft sensor and other sensors will not get any power. If it is blown then you’ll need to find what shorted the pink wires to most of the sensors and O2 sensors. You may have shorted the wire and blew the fuse.

If you need some assistance with these checks, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician can perform these checks and accurately diagnose your starting issue firsthand. An accurate repair can then be done once the issue has been pinpointed. Good luck.