Q: Car won't stay running

My car starts but won't stay running. Then the battery dies.

Battery will not hold a charge Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Sounds like you might be having an alternator problem. The vehicle uses the battery to start, once it is running the alternator takes over providing the vehicle with all the electricity it needs. If the alternator fails, the car continues to run until the battery is drained. If you recharge the battery it will start and run until the battery is drained again. A mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to test your battery and charging system to get you back on the road.