Q: Can't find a ecu.

I swapped a 94 302 for a 96 351 and I need a ecu. 96 ecu won't fit into my truck and the 96 engine's oe codes don't match my truck. Can I get any ecu and just reprogram it to my truck?

You can use the engine but you are going to have a hard time getting it to work since the two years are a generation apart when it comes to the computer systems. The 1994 was an OBD1 and the 1996 is an OBD2 system. The only way I see the two working is to swap all the 1994 harness and sensors to the 1996 motor and by using the 94 ECM. I still think you will have issues with the intake and some of these items. Seek out assistance from a willing mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, they may be able to help you work it out.