Q: P0107 MAP Sensor OBD code

Hi, 1999 Saturn SL2 with 180K on it. I am getting OBD P0107 MAP Sensor error. I am getting 5V on the supply wire (when the key is turned). I also get 5V on the signal wire, and the voltage drops when I apply a vacuum. The ground wire checks good. I have good reason to believe that the MAP sensor is working properly. I am not sure what to do next to diagnose the issue. The car runs with no power. I am trying to decide if it's worth spending money on, or getting a new ride.

A: Hello - if this condition came on slowly - ...

Hello - if this condition came on slowly - period of weeks or months - I would be checking for low compression and/or a clogged catalytic converter (especially if this is the original converter). Low airflow under a load may be causing an abnormality with the MAP sensor because the engine isn't pulling enough vacuum. If this came on suddenly, I would be looking at a bad connection or a wiring problem if the MAP sensor checks out as you describe. I would recommend having a loss of power inspection completed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.