Q: P0107 MAP Sensor OBD code

Hi, 1999 Saturn SL2 with 180K on it. I am getting OBD P0107 MAP Sensor error. I am getting 5V on the supply wire (when the key is turned). I also get 5V on the signal wire, and the voltage drops when I apply a vacuum. The ground wire checks good. I have good reason to believe that the MAP sensor is working properly. I am not sure what to do next to diagnose the issue. The car runs with no power. I am trying to decide if it's worth spending money on, or getting a new ride.

Hello - if this condition came on slowly - period of weeks or months - I would be checking for low compression and/or a clogged catalytic converter (especially if this is the original converter). Low airflow under a load may be causing an abnormality with the MAP sensor because the engine isn’t pulling enough vacuum. If this came on suddenly, I would be looking at a bad connection or a wiring problem if the MAP sensor checks out as you describe. I would recommend having a loss of power inspection completed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. P0107 MAP Sensor OBD code