Q: I have a 2006 jeep commander it starts and everything seems fine but when I drive 5-10min it says transmission over temp.

I have a 2006jeep commander it turns on but it starts to say transmission over temp and goes from cold to hot really fast in about 5-10 minutes we did put antifreeze and also put transmission oil in it engine oil is full as well what can this be

Hello, thank you for writing in. The warning you are getting needs to be verified. There have been issues noted with the transmission temperature sensors and the related system in your particular make and model. These types of issues would lead to a false warning light. First, we must rule out the transmission temperature and engine temperature sensors, the wiring, and the computer. Then you can turn your attention to the cooling system and the transmission to check if they are actually overheating. If your transmission fluid is low, you will want to find the cause of the leak, as it should not lose fluid. This will cause the temperature to rise and the transmission to fail. If the coolant way low, this is also a sign of a bigger issue and a leak. These issues would have to be looked at separately. For more help with testing and diagnostics, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. I have a 2006 jeep commander it starts and everything seems fine but when I drive 5-10min it says transmission over temp.