Q: transmission shifting harsh and/or delayed

when changing shifts usually 2nd to 3rd and 4th. rpm skyrocket to 3000-5000 without upshifting. downshifting seems fine. sometimes takes a bit to shift and when it does shift, its usually a hard shift which jerks the car and gives it a loud clunk. ATF and filter have been changed after the incident but hasnt improved performance.

A: The rpm’s "skyrocket" is normally...

The rpm’s "skyrocket" is normally an indication of substantial clutch wear within the transmission. Considering the 313,000 miles, this is most likely the case.

If the fluid & filter replacement didn’t make any change in performance, you should take the vehicle to a transmission specialist for a diagnosis. It may need a rebuild.