Q: Can I use gasket maker as sealant for my oil pan?

I have a 73 C10 pickup with a 350 motor it has a oil leak an oil pan up by the harmonic balancer can I use a gasket maker sealant for an oil pan

Using gasket maker in place of an oil pan gasket works sometimes. However, what I recommend is using a the actual cork/rubber gasket with a thin coat of The Right Stuff brand gasket sealant applied to both the engine block and oil pan. Use The Right Stuff with a calking gun, not the version that comes from an aerosol can. This has been the best method for me. Another option is to have the oil leak fixed for you by a professional, such as one from YourMechanic.

3. Can I use gasket maker as sealant for my oil pan?