Q: Electrical system problems on 2007 Buick Rainier

I've been having some electrical problems with the car in the last 20 days. There is a warning "Service tire pressure monitoring system" that came up on the Driver's Information Display. In addition to that, the keyless entry has been malfunctioning. Even though I had the batteries replaced in key fobs, these would occasionally stop functioning and wouldn't unlock or lock the doors. Also the rear liftgate could sometimes be locked or unlocked. When it actually starts working, it would keep locking and unlocking. The driver's door switch sometimes quit working as well. I was wondering what the system is, which controls all these electrical features of the car. Are these connected? How can I fix this?

A: This was a common issue in many GM vehicles...

This was a common issue in many GM vehicles that is typically caused by a short in the system that controls these features. Tracing the short can be very time consuming and difficult to track down. If you would like to have this done for you, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose and repair these electrical issues.