Q: My truck jumps and shakes when accelerating

When truck gets to 1.5-2 rpms truck starts shaking etc.. Can it be spark plugs out?

Q: I failed a smog check with the codes PO171 & PO174, saying the system is too lean on the bank 1 & 2. Can you tell me what the problem is?

Hi there. When the two codes P0171 and P0174 come up for a lean system on both banks of your engine, then either all of the fuel injectors are not working properly or your fuel pressure has dropped. Check the...

Q: Why does my '90 Chevy C1500 turn over but not start? I'm getting fuel and a spark.

Assuming the spark is adequate and fuel pressure is within specifications, an extremely worn out set of spark plugs may be the culprit. It could be a restricted exhaust system (i.e. a plugged catalytic converter) if you had a lack...

Q: Car hesitating on acceleration.

Thanks for writing in about your Mazda 6. You need to make sure that the mass airflow sensor is not getting contaminated by an oil type air filter. If it is, replace the air filter with clean paper type one...