Q: Do I need to replace the turbo?

When taking it off it is losing power. My car has 120000 miles.

Hello. There are several reasons why your car might be low on power. Some of these are related to the turbocharging system: lose high pressure hoses, blow-off valve control hoses, and circuitry (regulates the amount of boost to the engine = power), clogged or dirty intercooler (extra radiator in front of the AC which cools the compressed air going to the engine), failing boost pressure sensor - falsely limiting power to the engine and so on.

Of course, it could be the turbocharger as well. Non-turbo related possible issues include a blown head gasket, dirty sensors like mass air flow falsely limiting engine power, and more. If you would like to have this issue inspected, a qualified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the loss of power and guide you with repairs.