Q: 2006 Chrysler 300 limited edition radio screen went black.

I have a 2006 Chrysler 300 limited edition, and the screen went black on my rec nav. I can only change preset stations, eject CDs, adjust volume and turn stereo off and on. No other buttons worked. Every now and then it pops back on, and everything works, but it only last a few minutes. What causes it, and how much would it cost to repair?

Hello. The issue you are having with your radio is a common problem with Chrysler radios of that era. Chrysler is aware of the problem and released a TSB regarding the radio not working. TSB 08 - 018 - 06. To see if the TSB applies to your vehicle you can call the dealer and give them your Vin number. TSB 08 - 018 - 06 involves reprogramming the radio with a new software which may be the solution to your problem. Though oftentimes the radio will have internal faults such as bad soldering points. If this is the case the dealership will not repair the radio, they will just replace the whole entire unit. There are online radio repair shops which specialize in servicing your specific type of radio such as navrepair.com. Depending on the labor cost of repairing the radio you may want to consider getting a new unit either aftermarket or stock.

3. 2006 Chrysler 300 limited edition radio screen went black.