Is there a voluntary service recall on the 2004 Lincoln A...

Q: Is there a voluntary service recall on the 2004 Lincoln Aviator for engine codes p0308/p0316

asked by on June 26, 2017

Y check engine light is on and the codes are p308/p316. Is the a voluntary service recall on this vehicle. Thank you

Hi there. The best way to find voluntary recall information for your vehicle is to click this link and search based on the state you live. The P0308 trouble code means that the powertrain control module (PCM) has detected an issue with the ignition of the fuel being provided to cylinder 8. This must usually happen multiple times before a trouble code is stored and the Check Engine Light is illuminated. The P0316 code is a generic powertrain code related to the ignition system or misfire. When this code appears, a misfire has been detected on startup during the first 1,000 revolutions. I would suspect that either your cylinder 8 spark plug or fuel injector is not firing correctly.