Q: Loss of power

It started not recognizing my key at first when I finally got it to crank, it sounded terrible and didn't have hardly any power would even rev up unless I push the gas really hard it it still wouldn't shift eventually I got it home and changed the coil pack and check the timing I had to also replace my timing dampener and after that it still wouldn't start and remembered my other Jeep had an extension or converter on it of some sort so I put it on there and it ran good for about 30 mins but then it really started loosing power so I shifted it to neutral and back to drive and it go but not for long still having this problem

A: Hi there, thanks for writing in. Most of th...

Hi there, thanks for writing in. Most of the time this is caused by a fuel system issue. I typically check the fuel pressure first. If the pressure is low, then the pump is bad. If the pump is fine then I do a compression test to see if there are any internal engine issues. If that is also fine then I would use a scan tool to monitor cranking signal to see if the crank sensor is bad. If you need to have this looked at, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose and repair this.