Q: Sluggish acceleration during quick speed increase

Hi. I've been having some problems when I try to increase the speed during driving. If I try to accelerate at lower speeds, the car runs fine. The issue happens during a quick speed increase. Then, the acceleration would be sluggish and it would take time for the car to pick up speed. Also, my check engine light is on. I was told this is a transmission problem. However, the automatic shifting makes no noise or any issues at all. What do you think is the problem here? I appreciate your help.

The intake variable runner control may be stuck in the wrong position and would need to be checked to see if it is able to move. The control valve for this or the solenoid for the variable valve timing may be stuck or have open circuit. Have systems tested for operation and scanned. I’d recommend getting some help from a professional mechanic who can diagnose your acceleration issue. Once this is done, an accurate repair can be followed through.

3. Sluggish acceleration during quick speed increase