Q: Hey Dave, I have a "service engine soon" light showing in my 2011 BMW 328i. Had codes run and showing p1775

My 2011 BMW 328i has the "service engine soon" light showing and codes pulled were P1775 and 1777. Can you tell me what I need to do to fix this?

Hi Ronnie. Thanks for contacting us today. There are multiple components that could be causing these codes. The P1777 code is a BMW specific trouble code that indicates a possible problem with the transmission step motor. This component changes the step with turning 4 coils ON/OFF according to the signal from Transmission Control Module (TCM). As a result, the flow of line pressure to primary pulley is changed and pulley ratio is controlled. The issue could be the motor, the electrical harness or just a faulty connection. The P1775 code typically indicates a communication problem or no data exchange between ECM and TCM because of internal fault in the switch. It’s also caused by a failure of the crank sensor. Since there are multiple components that could be causing these codes, it’s hard to provide an estimate for repair. You might want to have a professional mechanic diagnose the problem first by completing a check engine light inspection.

3. Hey Dave, I have a "service engine soon" light showing in my 2011 BMW 328i. Had codes run and showing p1775