Q: Roaring sound in the engine.

Hi Brandon I recently purchased a 2011 Lincoln MKX. I realize there a kind of roaring sound coming from the engine or in its vicinity whenever the vehicle is throttling. I am wondering if it's timing chain/ belt is the caused.

Noise from engine or exhaust Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. The sound that you are hearing from the engine could be coming from the transmission. If you have a CVT (constant velocity transmission), then they are common to make a sound when driving them. I recommend seeking out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you diagnose the roaring sound.