Q: I took my 1976 van to a mechanic, they gave it a tune up, I drove it home, and the next day it wouldn't turn over at all.

asked by on July 30, 2017

I have a 1976 chevy van. I took it to a mechanic to get a tune up, I drove the van home, then the next day I went to drive it and got absolutely nothing from the engine. I have already tried to jump start and recharge the battery. I'm not sure if I'm just missing something, but it drove perfectly fine the day before.

Car is hard to start Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. On older vehicles like your 76 Van, a hard to start or lack of power issue can be caused by multiple factors. But, in most cases, it’s due to an exposed electrical wire, loose electrical connection or electrical short. It’s possible that during the service that something was moved on accident that might have been loose that’s causing this problem. It would be a smart idea to have a professional mechanic come to your location to complete a car is hard to start inspection, so they can isolate the root source of this problem and recommend the right repairs.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr