Q: Hi, I got my car key stuck in the ignition on acc. My dad tried to get it out and broke the key inside it.

My new ignition switch won't be here for a month. He tried to hot wire it, but because the key is in the wrong position it wouldnt fully crank. If he take the ignition switch out do ya'll think he could hot wire it? Or anyone have any tips or advice? I cant go a month without a car. I am having a hard time getting to work.

The ignition switch is the device you need to gain access to. You can remove the steering column’s upper and lower covers to gain access to the ignition switch on the back of the lock cylinder. Remove this piece from the lock cylinder and you can activate the ignition. From my experience, I suspect that you will also need to replace the ignition lock cylinder and probably not just the switch. If you would like to have this looked at, a certified professional can come to your location and inspect the ignition system and replace the switch for you (if you’d rather cancel the part and not wait for a month).

3. Hi, I got my car key stuck in the ignition on acc. My dad tried to get it out and broke the key inside it.