Q: 2006 Jetta gli timing belt broke while driving on highway, valves damaged is it worth fixing

Is it worth fixing ?.. The car is the top of the line back in 2006. The shop where it was towed to estimated over 3,000 - 3500 to fixture The mechanics said a guy he knows from a dealership offered 500 for the car I really do not know what to do. The car is in stuck redding california , I live in Phoenix Help

The car is worth between $5500 and $6500 with a running motor. If you spend $3500 to fix it then sell it outright you may profit about $2000 to $3000. If you trade it you may get $4500 or less offered for it. Both of these are better than the $500 from the dealer as is. I would offer to sell it to the dealer for $2000 as is.

• 2006 Jetta gli timing belt broke while driving on highway, valves damaged is it worth fixing