Q: My 1991 Chevy Silverado hesitates at times and stumbles at idle when taking off from a start

asked by on February 12, 2017

My 1991 Chevy Silverado pick-up with a 5.7 liter motor hesitates and stumbles at take off or stops at times ... runs great on freeway though

If your fuel pressure is low or you have sticking clogged injectors you may get the hesitation and stumble on acceleration but run good at cruise. Also if you have some carbon build up on the valves and throttle body may also add to the hesitations. Have the fuel system pressure checked and if okay and within specification then have injection system serviced and the combustion system and throttle body cleaned out. This should fix the hesitations.