Q: Electrical power steering pump doesnt work after car wash

I went to get a car wash. After the car wash I parked my car for the additional free vacuum, and when I turned it back on the power steering light came on, and I no longer had power steering. When I got home, it some how managed to turn on when I jiggled the cables around for a while, but then when I turned off the car and turned it back on, the power steering no longer worked again. It did that twice, but now it permanently doesn’t work anymore? My question is what could’ve occurred to cause this? And the fact that it was still able to work two more times even after it stopped working. I checked all the fuses and they’re all good and seem to be working, and the reservoir is also at max fluid level, thank you!

You may have got water into the connections causing the problem. You will need to disconnect electrical connections on the electrical steering and blow out connections with compressed air and see if this helps? If the system has a power steering pump then check to make sure the power steering pump belt did not break or is loose. If need further help then contact a mechanic like one from YourMechanic to come and diagnose and fix the issue.

3. Electrical power steering pump doesnt work after car wash