Q: What is the SOS Post-Crash Alert System™?

What is the SOS Post-Crash Alert System™?

Your car’s safety systems are pretty highly evolved. That includes the SOS Post-Crash Alert System™. This is designed to activate during an impact that’s severe enough to deploy any air bag inside the car (driver front, passenger front, side air bag or Side Curtain air bag).

If the system does activate, the hazard lights will begin flashing, and the horn will start beeping. It will beep three times every four seconds. You can disable the system manually in any of the following ways:

• Press the Hazard button

• Press the Panic button on the remote

Tips

• If the SOS Post-Crash Alert System™ is not deactivated manually, it will continue to go off until the battery is drained.

• Air bags that are deployed must be replaced.

3. What is the SOS Post-Crash Alert System™?