Q: Car won't start or crank ASD relay making rapid clicking noise when key out of ignition 1999 Dodge Intrepid

asked by on December 27, 2016

1999 dodge intrepid will not start or crank just asd relay clicking even when the key is out of the ignition and a smell of gas until you pull the ground cables off

Hi there - you have pretty-well identified this problem yourself - well done! Yes, the Automatic Shutdown Relay appears to be sticking in the "power on" position, which is providing a power path to the fuel pump as well as other components. I would recommend an electrical inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, confirm this diagnose, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.