Q: 2006 mazda 3 automatic jump from2nd to 4th gear

2006 mazda 3 automatic 5 speed....while driving on the road...the transmission from 2nd gear jump to 4th gear and when i accelerating again...back to 2nd gear and it goes up 3..4 and 5..thanks

Check the fluid first for both level and quality. If the fluid is not dirty or burnt and the level is correct, shift problems of the type you are describing are caused by solenoid failures, a defective valve body, a problem with the electronic transmission controls, occasionally a throttle position sensor, internal transmission hydraulic leaks and clutch pack (including clutch piston) failures. The exact cause will depend on what a real time scan tool reveals and also basic pressure testing of the hydraulic pressures in the transmission at the various shift points. I would recommend requesting a transmission diagnostic to identify the specific failure point. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. 2006 mazda 3 automatic jump from2nd to 4th gear