Q: Burning Smell and Squeaking Wheel 2007 Honda Civic

My driver side rear wheel is squeaking obnoxiously but not only is it squeaking, it smells like something is burning...smells like a burning wire, not rubber. If it has anything to do with the brakes, the squeaking doesn't get any louder or softer when I apply the brakes. I also took note that none of the other wheels are making the noise or smelling. Additionally, my rim on the wheel that is making the noise and "burning" is hot to the touch, unlike the other rims. Any advice?

Hello - the smell and "hot" symptoms you describe suggest your rear brake is dragging on that rear wheel. This could be an emergency brake cable which is not releasing, or a frozen brake cylinder or caliper. I recommend a brake inspection immediately by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs. This will avoid loss of braking or even potentially a brake fire!