Q: Tail lights and running lights won't work - 1996 Toyota RAV4

My tail lights and running lights won't work. Would that be a combination switch, a headlight switch or a turn light switch. What is the difference between these switches and how much does it cost to replace for a 1996 Toyota Rav4 4 door AWD?

Hello - check first for a blown fuse since it sounds like all your "rear" lighting has failed. A bad ground for the rear lighting (or broken ground wire) could also cause a complete rear of the vehicle lighting issue. The headlamp switch controls the headlights, turn signal switch controls the turn signals, and combination switch integrates both function - usually push/pull for headlights, up/down for turn signal.

I would recommend having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, perform an inspection to determine why the rear lights are not working and suggest the needed repairs.

3. Tail lights and running lights won't work - 1996 Toyota RAV4