Q: Tail lights and running lights won't work - 1996 Toyota RAV4

My tail lights and running lights won't work. Would that be a combination switch, a headlight switch or a turn light switch. What is the difference between these switches and how much does it cost to replace for a 1996 Toyota Rav4 4 door AWD?

A: Hello - check first for a blown fuse since ...

Hello - check first for a blown fuse since it sounds like all your "rear" lighting has failed. A bad ground for the rear lighting (or broken ground wire) could also cause a complete rear of the vehicle lighting issue. The headlamp switch controls the headlights, turn signal switch controls the turn signals, and combination switch integrates both function - usually push/pull for headlights, up/down for turn signal.

I would recommend having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, perform an inspection to determine why the rear lights are not working and suggest the needed repairs.