How do you program the universal garage door opener to w...

Q: How do you program the universal garage door opener to work with a Fixed Code system?

asked by on December 15, 2015

How do you program the universal garage door opener to work with a Fixed Code system?

If your car has a universal garage door opener (optional equipment), then it can be programmed to work with both Rolling Code systems and Fixed Code systems. Here’s what you should do to program it to work with your Fixed Code garage door:

Before you start, make sure you have the following:

• The Original Garage Door Opener

• A Piece of Paper

• Something to Write With

1. Turn the ignition on.

2. Take the battery cover off the back of the original remote.

3. Note the position of the switches:

• For any switch in the Up, ON, or + position, write Left button.

• For any switch in the Neutral, 0, or Middle position, write Middle button.

• For any switch in the -, Bottom, or Negative position, write Right button.

1. Press all the buttons on your car’s garage door remote at the same time.

2. Make sure the LED starts flashing (slow).

3. Enter the notes from the switches using the buttons (the ones you wrote down – press them in sequence).

4. Press all of the buttons on the garage door remote in the car.

5. Push the button you want to program to work with the door and hold it for up to a minute.

6. Watch the garage door. When it begins to move, let off the button immediately.

7. Make sure the LED is flashing quickly.

8. Press the button again to make sure the door is working.