Q: Car electrical problem

asked by on February 09, 2016

There is an electrical problem that affects the instrument cluster, heating, air conditioning, and radio performance. Replacing the instrument cluster and battery did not fix the problem, which came back after a few months.

Electric Problems Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hello. This is a difficult problem to fix. The most likely cause of your problem is either a short to ground or broken wire in the wire harness, which is positioned behind the dashboard. It often requires replacing the entire wiring harness behind the instrument cluster to fix the problem for good. An extensive wiring diagnoses by a certified technician would be necessary to address this issue properly.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr