Q: Transmission defaults

asked by on October 14, 2016

The problem isthat my g wagon some times don't shifts right like it won't shift to 2 gear or some times it doesn't shifts back to first gear so i take to de dealership and they told me to change the transition computer and i paid for it and then 2 weeks leater the problem came back again and they told me that i need to change the wire harness and is very expensive, i don't know what to do can someone help me please thanks soooo much :(

Hi there. The problem you are having with your transmission 1-2 shift/2-1 shift could be a shift solenoid issue. The shift solenoid could be operating intermittently. The dealership, that originally diagnosed and sold you the repair, should be repairing your vehicle under warranty. The wiring harness could be at fault and should be able to be repaired, rather than replaced. Not sure why, the recommendation is being made to replace the wire harness. I recommend having your vehicle inspected by a certified technician with YourMechanic.