Q: I purchased a flood damaged car and replaced the engine and on the computer it's saying system running lean. What does that mean?

asked by on December 19, 2016

I purchased this caddy for 3800. It is a beautiful vehicle but it was in a flood and was a total loss because it needed a new motor and computer. The guy that did all the work got the engine from a junkyard or something and put it in but it runs good for now. I plan on purchasing a new engine for the car because i plan on keeping it. I don't know any mechanics myself but do you have any suggestions on a good mechanic in Houston Texas tss you could recommend. I would love for someone to put there eyes on it and come up with a game plan on getting this car highway ready. Thanks

Hi there. When the computer says that the bank 1 or bank 2 is lean, it is referring that the cylinders do not have enough fuel to burn. Check the injectors and see if they are plugged up. Look for a vacuum leak on the engine and brake system. Also, check the fuel pressure regulator and make sure that its regulating the pressure on the fuel rail properly. If you need further assistance with the lean condition on an engine, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.