Why does the transmission in my Camaro show high line pre...

Q: Why does the transmission in my Camaro show high line pressure?

asked by on August 10, 2017

Installed 1993 4LE60 transmission in a-body chevy with aftermarket tran. controller.The pressure with gauge tap on side on case reads 225 psig in park at idle, I think it should be 50 to 80 psig. I have replaced all solenoid's & wiring with no change, any solutions?

Your message says A-Body, but your request says Camaro, which is an F-Body. Since you’ve got a 4L60E, I’m going to assume your vehicle is indeed a Camaro (A-Body vehicles are FWD). Pressure in park and neutral for your Camaro should be 65 to 75 psi at idle, 190 to 222 psi at open throttle. If you have already replaced the pressure control solenoid (PCS), I would suspect a valve body issue, or a pump issue (such as a stuck pressure regulator valve). It’s also imperative that PCS circuit is intact and that it’s getting the correct signal from the PCM.