Q: Poor gas mileage 2013 Hyundai Sonata

My 2013 sonata gls is getting 16-20 mpg with mixed city and highway driving. I always have active eco on and leave the car in normal automatic and not sports mode. I have a k&n typhoon air intake installed. I dont drive sporadically, i dont accelerate or brake hard. My car just passed its VA emissions test. Could my car just need a service or could it be something else? Also i purchased the car through usaa in October of this year.

Hello - if your car passed emissions testing, and the Check Engine light is NOT on, your vehicle is at least passing the on-board diagnostics. Many other factors can affect fuel mileage however, tire pressure, clogged fuel filter, short trips vs longer trips, cold weather hurts fuel mileage. etc. I would recommend a vehicle inspection to determine if there is some other factor preventing better mileage by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Poor gas mileage 2013 Hyundai Sonata