Q: Wipers don't turn off on 1995 Volvo 960

asked by on August 19, 2016

My windshield wipers won’t turn off. I was hoping if I found a working switch that it would stop my problem, but it didn’t work. I can’t find a relay that controls the power to this circuit. Do you know where there is one? My windshield wipers work great except for the OFF one. The speed controls work, the rear works, the washes work and so on. Do you know how I can fix this? So far I pull out the fuse to make them turn off. I hope there is a better way to do this.

Hello. This is a problem with the wiper module. The module fails internally and causes the wipers to continue to stay on. I always check for power at the module first to see if it is getting the on signal. If it is, then there is an electrical issue. If it is not, then the module is bad. If you need to have this repaired, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose the wipers and let you know what should be done.